Coming soon. Essays, discussions, reports and links on these critical topics relating to rezoning, planning, development, and the future of Vancouver. Please send suggestions and essay proposals to citizenYVR@gmail.com.
- Who speaks for Vancouver communities?
- Comparisons of rezoning, planning, and community consultation processes in other municipalities
- Density bonusing
- The critical role of Council and staff “discretion” in Vancouver planning
- “Yet Another Gamble” (Feb 2011), by John Shayler. Excerpt: …the gambling industry has expanded rapidly over the past 20 years. With that expansion has come a glut of gambling facilities. including the on-line government sponsored variety. With this rapid expansion has come a host of social and economic costs. Whether the costs outweigh the benefits is in itself a question that needs to be debated…Download Letter, John Shayler, on mega casino proposal and PavCo, Feb 2011.
- Our City, Ours to Plan: Decide Vancouver’s Future in 2011, contributed by Rand Chatterjee (Nov 2010). Read online, or download OUR city, OURS to plan_Vancouver 2011, Rand Chatterjee.
- Fundamental questions for our city, by Carole Walker: Carole Walker, key questions to Mayor & Council, 4-Nov-2010