Public service announcement.
Vancouver’s volunteer Civic Agencies are an essential part of the City’s public engagement work, and help to convey community concerns to Council and staff while advising on City priorities, projects, and initiatives.
Civic Agency meetings typically take place monthly, and members may be eligible for certain expense reimbursements related to attendance. Meetings are usually held in-person at City Hall, with meals provided, and there is often also a virtual attendance option.
More information: https://vancouver.ca/your-government/advisory-boards-and-committees.aspx.
See also: www.vancouver.ca/volunteer
Current Civic Vacancies (development and planning-related)
These current vacancies have a January 16, 2023 application deadline:
- Board of Variance
- 2 alternate members (to be seated in the event of resignation or vacancy)
- Development Permit Board Advisory Panel
- 1 representative of the development industry
- Urban Design Panel
- 1 member with experience in accessible design
- Vancouver City Planning Commission
- 3 members (City Council-appointed)
- 1 member (Commission-appointed)
If you have any questions, please reach out to Kevin Burris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, heads up, here is a tentative list of other vacancies likely to be announced in the coming weeks (based on last term’s committees – Council may choose to amalgamate, or not to re-establish some).
- 2SLGBTQ+ Advisory Committee
- Arts and Culture Advisory Committee
- Children, Youth, and Families Advisory Committee
- Chinatown Historic Area Planning Committee
- Civic Asset Naming Committee
- First Shaughnessy Advisory Design Panel
- Gastown Historic Area Planning Committee
- Persons with Disabilities Advisory Committee
- Racial and Ethno-Cultural Equity Advisory Committee
- Renters Advisory Committee
- Seniors’ Advisory Committee
- Transportation Advisory Committee
- Urban Indigenous Peoples’ Advisory Committee
- Vancouver Food Policy Council
- Women’s Advisory Committee