The City of Vancouver has tweeted out a new deadline for 12 advisory committees as June 4, 2021. Below is the tweet, and here is the link to the current list of openings: https://vancouver.ca/your-government/vacancies-for-advisory-boards-committees.aspx
Our previous post on the topic: “Openings on Advisory Panels. Application deadline March 31” link here.
Comment: The extension may mean that CoV did not get enough applicants. This will mean the committees will likely not start meeting until Sept. 2021. All previous advisory committees terms finished in April 2021, so this could mean no Advisory Committees functioning for at least 5 months.
Below is the current list of openings, copied verbatim.
The City of Vancouver is seeking volunteers for positions on the following advisory committees, boards or panels. Please apply for the below by June 4, 2021:
- 2SLGBTQ+ Advisory Committee
- Seeking 1 member who identifies as Indigenous
- Board of Variance and Parking Variance Board
- 5 vacancies
- Chinatown Historic Area Planning Committee
- Seeking members from the following groups (please include nomination letter): Chinatown Merchants’ Association (2); Chinese Cultural Centre (1); Chinese Benevolent Association (1); Heritage Vancouver (1); SUCCESS (1)
- First Shaughnessy Advisory Design Panel
- Seeking members from the following groups: Shaughnessy Heights Property Owners’ Association (1) (please include nomination letter); Resident of First Shaughnessy District (1)
- Gastown Historic Area Planning Committee
- Seeking 1 Community Business Representative, 1 Community Hospitality Representative, and 1 Community Resident Tenant
- Pacific National Exhibition Board of Directors
- 3 vacancies
- Urban Design Panel
- Seeking 1 member with experience in accessibility design
- Seeking 1 member from the Urban Development Institute, the Greater Vancouver Homebuilders’ Association, or the Building Owners’ and Managers’ Association of British Columbia (please include nomination letter)
- Urban Indigenous Peoples’ Advisory Committee
- 3 vacancies
- Vancouver Food Policy Council
- Seeking 2 members who identify as Indigenous
We encourage applicants of all ages, abilities, genders/gender identities, racialized identities, ethnicities, ancestries, sexual orientations, income levels (including those receiving social assistance or disability assistance), residential status and other lived experience to volunteer to help shape City public policy, services, and programs to better serve everyone in our community.
Please note: You do not need to be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to serve on an advisory body.