Due to a growing pile of unfinished business, Vancouver City Council will convene at an irregular time to get through the topics and make some decisions. The meeting is scheduled to start at 3:30 pm, Tuesday, September 2020. With City Hall still following COVID-19 emergency protocols, most participants including Council will be joining the “virtual” meeting remotely.
The agenda, documents, and instructions on how to reach council are on the meeting agenda page:
Citizens with concerns about any of these topics are encouraged to speak or write to Council. Any previous correspondence you sent Council on these topics should probably be resent, as there is no guarantee it will be brought forward to this meeting.
Items for September 29:
- Enabling Creative and Easily Replicated “Missing Middle” Housing Pilots. Separate post coming: https://cityhallwatch.wordpress.com/2020/09/28/missing-middle-motion/
- Open Option Parking Policy – Removing On-Site Parking Minimum Requirements. Separate post coming – https://cityhallwatch.wordpress.com/2020/09/28/parking-minimum-policy/
- Mental Health and Addiction Reform: An Expert-Led Cross-Jurisdictional Task Force
- Short Term Actions to Preserve and Expand Access to Mental Health Resources and Housing in Grandview-Woodland
- Granville Bridge Connector and Drake Street Improvements. See CityHallWatch post here: Granville Bridge Connector proposal hides huge concerns, tradeoffs, implications (Final staff report goes to Council Sep 16/Wed)