City Council will be considering temporary bylaw changes to allow for outdoor patios on private property. Under a number of existing zoning schedules, there’s currently no provision that would allow outdoor patios for uses like serving food and beverages, when these uses are allowed indoors.
The Public Hearing is scheduled to start at 3pm on Tuesday, June 30th. If approved, the temporary bylaw changes will be in effect until October 31, 2020.
For reference, we’ve reproduced the meeting agenda below.https://council.vancouver.ca/20200630/phea20200630ag.htm
Special Council (Public Hearing)
June 30, 2020 (Revised June 26, 2020)
Date and location Tuesday, June 30, 2020 3 pm
Council Chamber, Third Floor, City Hall
- This Public Hearing is to be convened by electronic means as authorized by Ministerial Order No. M192, “Local Government Meetings and Bylaw Process (COVID-19) Order No. 3 ”.
- Members of the public may attend at the Council Chamber in City Hall to hear and watch the meeting proceedings, but are strongly urged to listen and watch the proceedings via the City’s website or follow Twitter @VanCityClerk.
- Due to COVID-19, it is recommended that speakers participate by telephone or provide written submissions; however, limited space will be made available at City Hall to accommodate those who are unable to participate by telephone.
- To participate in the public hearing process, you can register to speak in person or by telephone at the Public Hearing:
- by going to the Council meeting page on the City’s website and selecting the meeting date, meeting type and agenda item(s) and specifying whether you will participate in person or by telephone; or
- by calling 604.829.4238 and specifying which meeting date, meeting type and agenda item(s) you wish to speak to and whether you will address Council by telephone or in person.
- If you want to participate by telephone then you must have access to a telephone, provide a telephone number that can be used to contact you, and an email address where instructions on when and how to call into the public hearing can be provided to you.
- You can also register by telephone, on the day of the public hearing, between 2:30 pm and 3 pm, or 30 minutes before the hearing starts, at City Hall. For more information, visit vancouver.ca/publichearings
- Send your comments to Council at https://vancouver.ca/your-government/contact-council-public-hearing.aspx.
- Get live updates on the meeting at http:vancouver.ca/speaker-wait-times or follow Twitter @VanCityClerk.
Watch the meeting live here
Get involved and stay informed
Tip: Send your comments by the day before the meeting so Council has time to review them.
Sign up to speak about an agenda item:
- Register by phone at 604-829-4238 between 2:30pm and 3:00pm on the day of the public hearing, or 30 minutes before the hearing starts at City Hall. Find out more
- Online by 2:00pm on the day of meeting
- In-person from 2:30pm and 3:00pm on the day of the meeting
If you miss the deadline, listen to the livestream of the meeting and follow the Chairs phone in instructions, or attend in person, and raise your hand, when the meeting Chair calls three times for any other speakers after all registered speakers are heard.
Questions about this agenda?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 604-829-4238
1. TEXT AMENDMENTS: Zoning and Development By-law Amendments to Temporarily Allow Patios for Businesses on Private Property
|June 26, 2020, up to 11 am||
|June 29, 2020, up to 11 am||
* * * * *