Event notice (updated with speakers)
Community Meeting on the Jericho Lands & Subway extension to UBC
April 11, 2019 (Thursday) 7 pm
Jericho Hill Gym (4180 West 4th Ave)
Organizer: West Point Grey Residents’ Association
A community organized meeting to inform on the issues. Guest speakers to be announced.
- The city initiated planning process for Jericho Lands is underway.
- An update on the results of WPGRA survey on Jericho Lands.
- An update on a proposed subway extension from Arbutus to UBC.
- A motion to define Kitsilano and West Point Grey as a “transit corridor” planning area goes back to Vancouver City Council before April 30. Find out how this could result in BC Government and TransLink becoming involved in land use planning in these two neighbourhoods.
- Deana Grinnell, Vice President Real Estate, Canada Lands Co.
- Zak Bennett, Planner, City of Vancouver
- Elizabeth Murphy, presenting on Jericho Lands & UBC Subway
- UBC Professor Patrick Condon, James Taylor Chair in Landscape and Liveable Environments
- Larry Benge, Coalition of Vancouver Neighbourhoods