A sharp citizen noticed this meeting posted on the City website on Thursday.
City-wide Plan – Special Council Meeting
March 9, 2019 (Saturday), 9 am to 3 pm
Joyce Walley Room, Museum of Vancouver
1100 Chestnut Street, Vancouver, BC
Info from the City:
- This is a Special Council meeting called by the Mayor under section 2.4 (a) of the Procedure By-law for the purpose of engaging Council in a workshop to discuss the scoping of the City-wide Plan.
- Speakers will not be heard at this meeting. Send your comments to Council at http://vancouver.ca/contact-council. Ask a question about this agenda at 604.829.4272
- Gil Kelley, General Manager of Planning, Urban Design and Sustainability, and Susan Haid, Deputy Director of Long Range and Strategic Planning, to provide an introduction to the workshop.
Extra comments (not from the City):
- In November 2018, City Council approved a process to begin a city-wide plan. Motion – “Expediting a City-Wide Plan for Vancouver”: click here.
- This meeting is for staff to discuss with City Council what should be in the terms of reference.
- It is open to the public to attend and observe, but not to speak.
- There will be no live stream video.
Announcement by City of Vancouver: Vancouver to embark on new City plan process (Nov 2018)
Vancouver launches new city-wide planning process – a historic moment (CityHallWatch, 15-Nov-2018)
Vancouver plans a ‘city for all’ in first citywide plan in nearly a century (Jen St. Denis, Star Metro Vancouver, 25-Nov-2018)
Motion at Vancouver City Council, “Expediting a City-Wide Plan for Vancouver”
MOVER: Councillor Carr, SECONDER: Councillor Hardwick, 14-Nov-2018
Agenda, minutes, and video of the Council meeting where the city-wide plan was discussed in Nov 2018.
Standing Committee on Policy and Strategic Priorities revised agenda
November 14, 15, 27 & 28, 2018