Community Meeting on the Subway Extension to UBC
Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 7 pm
St. James Community Square
(3214 West 10th Ave)
- Event hosted by the West Kitsilano Residents Association for all residents affected by the proposed subway extension to UBC, including West Point Grey.
- Expert panel (including Patrick Condon, Elizabeth Murphy) for discussion and questions.
- The subway extension to UBC will be looking for funding and may look to development fees.
- This could mean additional bonus density towers similar to Metrotown, the Cambie Corridor and Oakridge in Kitsilano and West Point Grey.
- Even if it is bored tunnel, there will be cut and cover at each station and for utilities upgrading, which will be very disruptive for businesses and traffic flow for a decade.
- Learn more and voice your opinions.
City of Vancouver web page for Skytrain to UBC
Vancouver City Council endorsed a SkyTrain extension from Arbutus St to UBC on January 30, 2019. The Mayors’ Council endorsed SkyTrain as the preferred technology for the Broadway Subway extension from Arbutus St to UBC on February 15, 2019.
Read the Council report (104 KB) that endorses SkyTrain to UBC. Link click here.