Vancouver City Council has some big topics to cover this week. Here is a short selected list. There has been extensive media coverage of several of these items. W will add links later. Some of the topics (e.g., election task force) are very important for the functioning of our City and have long-lasting implications. Anyone interested should review the documentation and live or archive video of presentations and discussions.
Also of note:
Urban Design Panel, 3 pm, Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- 118-150 Robson Street. Permit No.: RZ-2017-00011. For a 29-storey mixed-use tower.
- 124 Dunlevy Avenue. Permit No.: RZ-2017-00029. For an 11-storey mixed-use building.
- 1800-1880 Main Street, 1851 Lorne Street & 202 East 2nd Avenue. Permit No. RZ-2017-00009. For an 11-storey mixed-use development under the Mount Pleasant Community Plan
- 6829-6869 Cambie Street. Permit No. RZ-2017-00012. Rezoning for PS-2016-00058 to permit a 6-storey residential building with townhouses on the lane under the Cambie Corridor Plan.
Regular Council, Tuesday, June 22, 2017
1. Greenest City
(a) 2017 Greenest City Action Plan Implementation Update
(b) Single Use Items Update and Consultation Launch
(c) Curbside Electric Vehicle Charging Pilot Program
(d) User Fees for City Owned and Operated Public Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
1. Sponsorship of 2017 UBCM Convention [Vancouver is slated to host the Union of BC Municipalities Convention in September 2017]
1. North American Dialogue on 100% Renewable Energy in Cities – July 2017
2. Records Management By-law Amendments
Referral to Public Hearing – CHW note – Especially #2 and #3 are major rezonings, with huge implications.
1. CD-1 Text Amendment: 2423 Cornwall Avenue
2. CD-1 Rezoning: 500-650 West 57th Avenue (Pearson Dogwood)
3. CD-1 Text Amendment: 969 Burrard and 1019-1045 Nelson Street
B. Motions on Notice
1. Support for Chinese Cultural Seniors Space
2. Pursuing 100% Social Housing for 105 Keefer Street and 544 Columbia Street Site
3. Change to Council Area Liaison for Chinatown and Council Liaison for the Chinatown Historic Area Planning Committee
5. Banning Pet Sales from Retail Outlets
Standing Committee on Policy and Strategic Priorities
Wednesday, June 28, 2017
1. Independent Election Task Force Report – Report Back. CHW NOTE – VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC. Next Vancouver civic election is October 20, 2018.
2. Sign By-law Review: New Sign By-law and Sign Fee By-law. Referral to Public Hearing
3. Contract Award for Construction Services for the Knight and Marine Intersection Improvements
4. Acquisition of Social Housing at 1345 Davie Street
5. 955 East Hastings Street – Social Housing Operator Selection and Lease Terms
6. Amendments to Vacancy Tax By-law – CHW NOTE – Needs scrutiny.