Below are links to agendas for the week of November 28, 2016. Later we will add more content.
We encourage citizens to scan through agendas for any items important to them.
- Vancouver City Council has two meetings (regular Nov 29 Tues, standing committee Nov 30 Wed), no Public Hearings.
- Urban Design Panel (Nov 30 Wed)
- Vancouver Park Board Nov 28 (Mon)
- Vancouver City Planning Commission appears to have no more meetings in 2016.
- Development Permit Board (DPB) next meeting is set for Dec 12 (Mon).
- Vancouver Board of Education (VSB) agenda for any future meeting is not currently posted.
Vancouver Park Board, Monday, Nov 28, 2016 (7 pm)
- REPORT: Stanley Park Brewing at the Fish House – Proposed Design and Agreement
- MOTION: Increased Accessibility to Public Washrooms (Mover: Kirby-Yung)
Related media: “Park board chairs calls for more and cleaner washrooms in Vancouver parks and rec facilities: Motion prompted by similar decision at city council and concerns over aging population” (by Maryse Zeidler, CBC News, Nov 28, 2016)
Vancouver City Council – Regular Council, Tuesday, Nov 15, 2016, 9:30 am
- Updates to the Green Buildings Policy for Rezonings
- 2017 Targeted Three-Year Land Assessment Averaging Program: Notice to BC Assessment Authority
- Approval of Council Initiatives – Business Improvement Area Renewals – 2017
- New Year’s Eve Celebration Funding
- Street Naming – Naming of Street Extension and New Public Street – Yew Street and Lahb Avenue
- Motions on Notice: Commitment to Affordable Energy in the City of Vancouver
Vancouver City Council – Standing Committee on Policy and Strategic Priorities, Wednesday, Nov 30, 2016, 9:30 am
- Presentation – Metro Vancouver [GVRD] Update. Greg Moore, Chair, and Raymond Louie, Vice-Chair, Metro Vancouver Board of Directors, and Carol Mason, Chief Administrative Officer, Metro Vancouver, will present an update.
- Downtown Eastside Community Economic Development Strategy (DTES CED Strategy) Phase II
- PARQ’s Annual Report Back to Council on the “Responsible Gaming Agreement” and “Inner-City Local Employment and Procurement Agreement” for the Vancouver Urban Resort at 39 Smithe Street
- Increased Municipal Ticket Fines for Operating Without a Business License and Failing to Comply with License Conditions
- 2016 Cultural Grant Allocation to Assist Emerging Individual Artists
- Funding Applications to Federal-Provincial Clean Water and Wastewater Fund
- REFERRED ITEM: Homeowners’ Advisory Committee
Urban Design Panel – Wed, Nov 30, 2016, 3 pm
- 5469-5507 Willow Street. RZ-2016-00014. Three-storey residential, including 3 buildings (20 dwelling units), building height 11.3 m (37 ft.), net floor space ratio (FSR) of 1.20. Oakridge Langara Policy Statement.
- 1640-1650 Alberni Street. RZ-2016-00025. A 42 storey residential building with a four-storey podium (276 units of secured market rental housing), over five levels of underground parking (148 vehicle parking spaces and 345 bicycle parking spaces), building height 117.3 m (385 ft.), floor space ratio (FSR) of 13.69. Under the West End Community Plan and Rezoning Policy for the West End.
- 753 Seymour Street. DP-2016-00540. Add a 33-storey above-grade parkade/office tower over seven levels of underground parking, and alter lobby for existing office building.
- 131 Water Street. DE420246. To develop a new seven-storey mixed-use commercial/ residential building on this site while retaining three existing heritage building
Development Permit Board (DPB): Next meeting Dec 12 (Mon)
- 1345 Davie Street. Henriquez Partners Architects have applied to the City of Vancouver for permission to develop this site with two new 18 and 19 storey residential buildings, over a 3 and 4 storey podium. Application documents here. West End Neighbours comment here. Major development. No public hearing. Goes straight to DPB.