Volunteers Needed for Vancouver’s Civic Agencies
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 8 AM, FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2016.
The City of Vancouver is seeking volunteers from the general public for positions on the following Civic Agencies and Committees, listed below. Vacancies on civic agencies, boards, and committees occur periodically throughout the year.
Current vacancies (listed online as of 2-Nov-2016)
The City are currently accepting volunteer applications for the following civic agencies and committees.
- Active Transportation Policy Council
- Arts and Culture Policy Council
- Children, Youth and Families Advisory Committee
- Chinatown Historic Area Planning Committee
- Civic Asset Naming Committee
- Cultural Communities Advisory Committee
- Development Permit Board
- First Shaughnessy Advisory Design Panel
- Gastown Historic Area Planning Committee
- LGBTQ2+ Advisory Committee
- Persons with Disabilities Advisory Committee
- Public Art Committee
- Renters Advisory Committee
- Seniors’ Advisory Committee
- Urban Aboriginal Peoples Advisory Committee
- Vancouver City Planning Commission
- Vancouver Civic Theatres Board
- Vancouver Food Policy Council
- Vancouver Heritage Commission
- Vancouver Public Library Board of Trustees
- Women’s Advisory Committee
NOTE: The application period has been extended for the committees listed above.
Please apply by Friday, November 4, 2016, at 8 am.
The Pacific National Exhibition is currently accepting appliations for its 2017 Community Advisory Group. Please apply by Friday, November 18, 2016.
Detailed descriptions of the terms of reference, eligibility requirements and time commitment, as well as the online application and instructions are available at www.vancouver.ca/volunteer.
You must complete an online application form to apply. The deadline to submit an application has been extended. Please submit your application by 8 am on Friday, November 4, 2016.
The City encourages applicants of all ages, genders, racial origins, sexual orientation, gender identity, persons with disabilities, and income levels to volunteer to help shape City policy and services to better serve everyone in our community.
If you are applying as a representative for another agency (for example, as the SUCCESS representative on the Chinatown Historic Area Planning Committee), apply through that agency.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 311.