The International Centre for Criminal Law Reform and Criminal Justic Policy (www.icclr.law.ubc.ca) held a Conference on Integrity in Local Governments, on February 19, 2016. A webinar from the event is available for online viewing, entitled “Mitigating the Risks of Conflict of Interest, Fraud, and Corruption.” See below for instructions on how to view the webinar. (See our original post about the event here.)
The Centre brought together speakers with significant experience in risk management, auditing, municipal governance, law and law enforcement to explore theses issues:
- what are and are not conflicts of interest, fraud and corruption
- standards of conduct the law requires of staff and elected officials
- issues in local government ethics from the view of an experienced Chief Administrative Officer
- What to do in order to best mitigate risks before they happen
- Practical methods and tools to help you identify issues when they are happening
- Lessons learnt from real-life examples
- Challenges of infrastructure and resource projects
- An overview of tools and practices to respond if any issues occur
The webinar is available for on-demand viewing.
Click here for general information about the webinar.
Registration portal for the webinar: https://www.cvent.com/events/webinar-integrity-in-local-governments-mitigating-the-risk-of-conflict-of-interest-fraud-corruption/registration-8e252e4884c3409ab301fe55b7753277.aspx
After registration, an email will allow you immediate access to the on-demand viewing.
— — — — — — — — — — — —
International Centre for Criminal Law Reform and Criminal Justice Policy
1822 East Mall, Vancouver, B.C., Canada V6T 1Z1