The Public Hearing set for November 24, 2015 includes three rezonings, three heritage designations and parking requirement changes.
The first item up at the 6pm Public Hearing reduces parking requirements to 0.65 spaces per unit on 8 different CD-1 zones. These CD-1s are in the vicinity of the 29th Avenue and Nanaimo Skytrain Stations. The current requirements are in the range of 1 to 1.5 parking spaces per unit.
The Heritage Designations items (2-3) include the additions of three properties to the ‘Class C’ classification of the Heritage Register. These properties are at 3760 Quebec, 3780 Quebec, and 1846 West 14th Avenue (a HRA).
The fifth item, 1837-1847 Main Street, is a major 12-storey rezoning between East 2nd and 3rd Avenues. The original Mount Pleasant Community Plan allowed for new buildings of up to 6 storeys on Main Street between 2nd and 7th Avenue. Planners subsequently decided to increase the height to 12-storeys and allowed for spot zoning instead of an area wide rezoning (the lot is currently zoned as light industrial). The project has a FSR of 5.5, 226 market units and 30 non-market units (as CAC). A total of 297 parking units are proposed in the Aquilini-backed project.
The rezoning of 8029-8031 Fraser Street proposes a total of 37 market rental units, in a 52′ (16m) tall building with a FSR of 2.65. One of the key concerns raised in a letter of opposition is the lack of affordable housing units. The proposed rents are very high for South Vancouver (rents for 593 sq. ft one bedroom units are proposed at $1319 a month).
The proposal at 6729-6769 Cambie Street calls for the development a 6-storey apartment building and townhouses to contain a total of 56 units and have a FSR of 2.49. The site is across from the Langara Golf Course, south of 50th Avenue.
For reference, we’ve reproduced the agenda for the public hearing below:
NOTICE OF MEETING
PUBLIC HEARING AGENDA
|DATE:||Tuesday, November 24, 2015|
Third Floor, City Hall
- If you would like to speak at the Public Hearing please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604.829.4238.
- You can also register on the day of the Hearing, between 5:30 and 6 pm, or 30 minutes before the hearing starts, at City Hall. For more information on Public Hearings, please visit vancouver.ca/publichearings.
- You can also communicate your comments to City Council by emailing email@example.com.
- Visit http://vancouver.ca/speaker-wait-times or @VanCityClerk on Twitter for real-time information on the progress of City Council meetings.
- A live video stream of the meeting will be available at http://civic.neulion.com/cityofvancouver/. An archive of the video stream will be available the day following the meeting.
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE
1. TEXT AMENDMENTS: Parking Amendments to Various CD-1 By-laws for Sites Adjacent to Skytrain
2. HERITAGE DESIGNATION: 3760 Quebec Street
3. HERITAGE DESIGNATION: 3780 Quebec Street
4. HERITAGE DESIGNATION/HERITAGE REVITALIZATION AGREEMENT: 1846 West 14th Avenue
5. REZONING: 1837-1847 Main Street, 180 East 2nd Avenue and 157-185 East 3rd Avenue
|November 20, 2015||0||1||0|
|November 23, 2015||8||1||0|
6. REZONING: 6729-6769 Cambie Street
7. REZONING: 698 East 64th Avenue and 8027, 8029, and 8031 Fraser Street
|November 20, 2015||0||1||0|
|November 23, 2015||0||1||0|
RISE FROM COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE
ADOPT REPORT OF COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE
* * * * *