On the agenda are six items.
- TEXT AMENDMENT: 162 West 1st Avenue (Theatre Centre) – A final approval stage for a new theatre in the Olympic Village area. This item is to allow signage consisting of one canopy sign containing third party advertising and two facia signs containing third party advertising, and to approve the Naming Rights Proposal for the theatre centre. Here’s a story from The Straight in 2013: Arts Club, Bard on the Beach as tenants for new arts centre.
- TEXT AMENDMENT: Miscellaneous Text Amendments to the Zoning and Development By-law, RM-5, RM-5A, RM-5B, RM-5C and RM-5D Districts Schedules, Downtown Official Development Plan, and various CD-1 By-laws. West End Neighbours has written a brief post about this item, apparently minor text changes with no policy implications.
- TEXT AMENDMENT: 1001-1015 Denman Street. This appears to be a minor change to eliminate “residential use” from the permitted zoning on this commercial site of a two-storey building at the corner of Denman and Nelson in the West End.
- REZONING: 1754-1772 Pendrell Street. This is a major rezoning for a 21-storey rental tower just off Denman Street in the West End. It set off a major outcry in 2008 when a 19-storey condo tower was proposed. Now it is coming back under new owners (Westbank), with more storeys and more density. See West End Neighbours on this one.
- REZONING: 3090 East 54th Avenue (Fire Hall No. 5 and YWCA Housing): Unusual rezoning for a 6-storey building that includes 31 social housing units for women and children; a new fire hall on the ground and 2nd levels; a building height of 26.2 m (86 ft.) from grade; a floor space ratio (FSR) of 2.69. Rezoning info here.
- REZONING: 467-495 West King Edward Avenue: For one 6-storey residential building and two 2-storey buildings with townhouse units at the rear, including a total of 61 dwelling units; a floor space ratio (FSR) of 2.38; a maximum building height of 21.3 m. Rezoning info here.
We’ve reproduced the full agenda of the meeting below, including documents and correspondence. Click on the link for the latest version. More correspondence to Council is likely to be added after we post this message.
NOTICE OF MEETING – PUBLIC HEARING – AGENDA
|DATE:||Monday, July 13, 2015|
Third Floor, City Hall
- If you would like to speak at the Public Hearing please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604.829.4238.
- You can also register on the day of the Hearing, between 5:30 and 6 pm, or 30 minutes before the hearing starts, at City Hall. For more information on Public Hearings, please visit vancouver.ca/publichearings.
- You can also communicate your comments to City Council by emailing email@example.com.
- Visit http://vancouver.ca/speaker-wait-times or @VanCityClerk on Twitter for real-time information on the progress of City Council meetings.
- A live video stream of the meeting will be available at http://civic.neulion.com/cityofvancouver/. An archive of the video stream will be available the day following the meeting.
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE
1. TEXT AMENDMENT: 162 West 1st Avenue (Theatre Centre)
|July 9, 2015||7||0||0|
2. TEXT AMENDMENT: Miscellaneous Text Amendments to the Zoning and Development By-law, RM-5, RM-5A, RM-5B, RM-5C and RM-5D Districts Schedules, Downtown Official Development Plan, and various CD-1 By-laws
3. TEXT AMENDMENT: 1001-1015 Denman Street
4. REZONING: 1754-1772 Pendrell Street
|July 9, 2015||13||4|
5. REZONING: 3090 East 54th Avenue (Fire Hall No. 5 and YWCA Housing)
|July 9, 2015||8||0||0|
6. REZONING: 467-495 West King Edward Avenue
RISE FROM COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE
ADOPT REPORT OF COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE
* * * * *