A Town Hall about the condo towers proposed at 955 East Hasting will take place on Wednesday October 10th starting at 6:30PM at 600 Campbell Avenue (Russian Hall, 3 blocks south of Hastings). Topics will include the affects of gentrification on the area. The Public Hearing for the 352 housing unit and 6.15FSR proposal at 955 East Hastings will start on Oct 16th. Information on this proposal will be presented along with a question and answer discussion. Full details on the event can be found here (also see Downtown Eastside Neighbourhood Council and ALIVE: Aboriginal Life in Vancouver Enhancement websites). It’s worth noting that the choice of venue is not affiliated with the city or province. Is it possible that grassroots community organizations sometimes deliberately avoid schools, libraries, community centres and neighbourhood houses as venues for their events? Or is there an issue with access to these ‘public’ facilities? This could be a good question for the Q&A session.
- Cornwall Point Grey Corridor open house TODAY til 2 pm. See an "Everyone Wins" option here wp.me/p18o1P-3LM #vanpoli #bcpoli 3 hours ago
- RT @bobmackin: Why is #Vancouver city hall so secretive about the structural safety of the Burrard Bridge? ow.ly/lnS3P #vanpoli 21 hours ago
- YAY! Media blackout ends. First coverage of Official Development Plan, Regional Context Statement vancouversun.com/business/2035/… #vanpoli #bcpoli 23 hours ago
- Vancouver development plan lacks public input vancouversun.com/business/2035/… #vanpoli #bcpoli Regional Context Statement, Official Development Plan 23 hours ago
- Point Grey Road - Cornwall Avenue Open Houses May 25, 28 -- and Everyone Wins option wp.me/p18o1P-3LM 23 hours ago
- Point Grey Road – Cornwall Avenue Open Houses May 25, 27 — and Everyone Wins option
- Auditor General for Local Government – Should City of Vancouver be on the list?
- Survey deadline today – 30-year Regional Context Statement Official Development Plan
- Should BC’s helmet law be repealed? In Amsterdam, a top-rated cyclist city, helmets are optional
- Mayor announces results of Engaged City Task Force
TagsAffordability Auditor General Beach Towers Budget Burrard Gateway Cambie Corridor Campaign contributions China Community Planning Density DTES Emergency Prep False Creek Heads-Up Hot this week Little Mountain Marpole Metro Van RGS Mount Pleasant Norquay Political expression S Speculation STIR Tall buildings Viaducts